LOWER MAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP GETS SOCIAL
In order to modernize, Lower Makefield Township will be using a multifaceted communication process to provide information to our residents. Please see how to receive communication from the Township in the list below.
Constant Contact: More information to follow
Township Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LowerMakefieldTownship/
Parks and Recreation Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LMTparksandrecreation/
Police Twitter: @LMTPD
Will be mailed twice a year to all residents and available online in July and January
LOWER MAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY: PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
A. To establish guidelines and practices for the use and management of Township social media including establishing general standards for public participation.
Policy Statement: This policy statement will be made available on social media sites and the township web page.
Read the Township’s Social Media Policy below:
The sole purpose of this site is to provide information concerning Lower Makefield Township, to its many residents, businesses and visitors. To that end, the Township has disabled the ability to comment to the extent permitted by a particular social media platform. To the extent that the Township maintains any social media where disabling of commenting features are not permitted, the Township’s social media is for moderated online discussions only and is not a public forum. Accordingly, all user comments must directly relate to information provided by the Township. Any user who has general inquires, comments, requests, or other should communicate directly communicated to the Township.
Any posting on the Township’s social media may be subject to disclosure under the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law, 65 P.S. § 67.101, et seq., as well as any other public record or disclosure laws or discovery litigation. To request official records, you may email Admin@lmt.org, call 267-274-1101 or go to www.lmt.org. Any posting to the Township’s social will be maintained as required by the Municipal Records Act, 53 Pa.C.S. § 1381.
No user who posts any information on any Township social media has any rights in the content posted. The Township shall have all rights to and full permission for any content posted on its social media.
Comments, media, or other information posted to or displayed on any platform are subject to monitoring and review at any time Users have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality with respect to any content they post to the Township’s social media. This includes any information made available through a user’s privacy setting on his or her own social media.
Monitoring of social media pages will not occur 24/7, and as such, Lower Makefield Township is not liable for inappropriate or offensive comments that may be posted during a non-monitored timeframe.
The Township will not edit or otherwise modify any content posted by a user on any social media platform where the Township is unable to disable the comment functioning. The only action that may be taken by the Township is removal that contain the following:
- Comments that do not directly relate to the information or comments posted or displayed by the Township.
- Vulgar or obscene language
- Defamatory content
- False, misleading or deceptive information or media
- Personal attacks or threatening or harassing activity of any kind
- Spam or links to other sites
- Any content that constitutes, promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law
- Any comment that advocates or promotes illegal activity
- Promotion of commercial services, transactions, or products, or political organization
- Non-public information concerning securities or that constitutes insider-trading or forwarding looking statements.
- Content that infringes on copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses, or any other intellectual property of another.
- Confidential information such as social security numbers or financial account numbers.
- Personal health information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
The Township would also like to encourage people to use their best judgment when interacting with any individuals through Township social media. The Township does not screen any individuals who may use or associated themselves with the Township’s social media sites. Use caution in connecting to people you do not know, whether through the internet or in real life, even accepting a “friend” request through Facebook, for example, may give that individual access to any personal information and photos that you have on your page.
If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the Township at Admin@lmt.org. This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time without notice.