The Lower Makefield Township Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) is an all-volunteer advisory committee that reports to the Township Board of Supervisors serving Lower Makefield Township, PA.
The EAC’s goal is to advise and educate on matters dealing with the protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources located within Lower Makefield Township.
The purpose of this document is to provide the Township with EAC’s proposed guidelines for future volunteer activities during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Recognizing that resuming non-essential activities are at the discretion of the Township, the EAC would like to work in partnership with the LMT Parks and Recreation Department on the planting of an unnamed tributary to Buck Creek within Patterson Farm. It is the hope of EAC that the Township will approve this activity under the proposed guidelines in the Yellow Phase.
PROPOSAL TO WORK:
- Planting work to be performed the weekend of October 10/11 or 23/24 to allow sufficient time to schedule volunteers and order plant material.
- Planting work to be performed over a two-day period to allow for social distancing.
- An EAC representative will meet with a Parks & Recreation representative to prepare the planting areas one day prior to planting.
- An EAC representative and a Parks & Recreation representative will meet at 8:00 am the morning of each planting day to place proposed plantings in their designated positions.
- Volunteers will arrive by 9:00 am the morning of planting. A safety meeting will be performed by an EAC representative to inform all volunteers of required safety precautions while planting.
- An EAC representative will perform oversight of all plantings. That EAC representative will be required to wear a mask while performing any oversight duties.
- Face coverings must be worn after leaving vehicles and walking towards the planting areas.
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS WITHIN THE WORK AREAS
- A maximum of 50 volunteers will be permitted each day. Planting hours will be from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. An electronic sign-up will be provided prior to this event. We will have staggered start times in order to ensure groups are small for initial instruction.
- All volunteers must sign-in with either the EAC or Parks & Recreation representative in charge the day of planting.
- Volunteers will be separated based upon each day’s planting plan, see attached Day 1 and Day 2 Planting Plans. Volunteers will have a minimum six foot separation between them.
- Immediate family members will be permitted to work together.