Monica A. Tierney, MBA, MEd., CPRE.
Director of Parks and Recreation
As the Parks and Recreation Director at Lower Makefield Township Monica is charged with managing 500 acres of parks, 28 miles of bike trails, the Community Pool and the Community Center in addition to planning special events and programming. In Monica’s time at Lower Makefield Township she opened the Community Center and Dog Park, worked on the Memorial Park Expansion Project, expanded the special events schedule, starting programming, added a college internship program, and launched Camp LMT. It is Monica’s primary goal to create the best environment for her employees, residents and all participants in programs which has driven her to pursue national accreditation for Lower Makefield Township Parks and Recreation. This would make the Township the first in Pennsylvania with NRPA accreditation.
- 2014-2016 Nutritional Coalition of Bucks County
- 2015-2017 Served on the Executive Board of the Neshaminy Coalition for Youth
- 2019 Presenter at the PRPS Conference
- 2020 and 2021 Served as President of the Bucks County Recreation and Parks Council
- 2020 Served on the Pennsylvania Recreation and Parks Conference Committee
- 2019-Current Serves on the Bucks County Senior Games Committee
- Bucks County Recreation Council
- Bucks/Mont Aquatics Consortium
- Pennsylvania Recreation and Parks Society
- National Recreation and Parks Association
- Certified Parks and Recreation Executive