Welcome to Lower Makefield Township
Lower Makefield Township, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, consists of suburban neighborhoods highlighted by numerous park and recreational facilities – together with historic properties that frame our heritage and preserved open space and farmland.
The Township is approximately 18.3 square miles and has a population of 36,000. Approximately 25 miles northeast of Philadelphia, Lower Makefield is bordered by Falls Township on the south, Middletown and Newtown townships on the west, Upper Makefield Township on the north and the Borough of Yardley on the east.
The many reasons for choosing Lower Makefield Township as home, for living and working, include:
- Caring neighborhoods – a mix of large estates, attractive housing developments, and operational farms
- Award-winning Pennsbury District schools
- Open space, preserved farmland and historic properties
- Beautiful parks and recreation – including the Delaware river, Canal path, 9-11 Garden of Reflection and inclusion playground, the Pool at LMT, Makefield Highlands Public Golf Course, playgrounds, tennis courts, and many sports fields
- A thriving business community, many community-service organizations, and recreational sports clubs
- Convenience to major metropolitan areas (30 miles from Philadelphia; 70 miles from New York City) and vacation locations (90 miles to Pennsylvania’s Pocono Region; 50 miles to the Jersey shore).
Local photographers capture our lush, green parks, historical buildings, preserved farmland, and memorial sites. Also included are images of surrounding areas, including the Delaware River and Canal, and Yardley Boro.
Thank you to the photographers who contributed their images, including Josh Friedman, Lisa Mongulla, Pat O’Leary, Karen Daddona, Farrukh Zubair, Kevin Treiber, and Karen Klein-Schaffer.