Implementation of Play for All Plan
Updated in the last 10 years
- 2022 Pathway To Zero Waste
- 2022 Recreation Program Plan
- 2022 Level Of Service Report
- 2021 Parks & Recreation Maintenance And Operations Plan
- 2021 Parks & Recreation Volunteer Manual
- 2021 Parks & Recreation Marketing And Community Relations Plan
- 2020 Parks & Recreation ADA Transition Plan
- 2020 Parks And Recreation Risk Management And Emergency Action Plan
- 2019 Lower Makefield Township Master Plan Update
- 2018 Recreation Assessment
- 2016 Long Ranch Tree Planting Plan
Plans Older than 10 Years
- 2016 Sketch Plan
- 2017 Land Development Plan
- Snipes Tract Project Overview And Timeline May 2017
- Last Revised 2017 Post Construction Stormwater Management Report
- Last Revised 2017 Erosion & Sediment Pollution Control Narrative
- Last Revised 2017 Transportation Impact Study
- 2017 Site Plan Rendering
- 2017 Review And Approval Letters
- Last Updated 2017 Environmental Impact Assessment
- 2018 RVE – Snipes Tract Balloon Test
- Snipes Tree Inventory Memo
- BOS Presentation – Project Overview 07202022
- 12/7/2022 the Board of Supervisors approved a site assessment to be conducted by Natural Lands signed Proposal
- Signed Addendum to Natural Lands Proposal Adding a second visit approved by BOS February 1, 2023
- Snipesreport 10102023
Macclesfield Park Master Plan
Lower Makefield Township recently adopted a new Parks and Recreation Play for All Master Plan and part of the plan is the rehabilitation of Macclesfield Park due to its high traffic, congestion, and overuse. The intent of this work will be to study and address the issues within Macclesfield Park and to create a plan moving forward that meets the needs of our sports groups and the community.
ow that the use of the park has greatly increased and the demand for space is greater than ever it is important to reevaluate. The use and layout of the park for the optimal user experience for user groups, neighbors, and park goers.
The Board of Supervisors selected Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. (JMT) for this project. JMT is equipped with highly trained and specialized professionals to study site capacity, proper parking and circulation for optimal use, ball field revitalization and support facilities to include pavilions, other recreation amenities, restrooms, and lighting.
The purpose of this would be to devise solutions for community and league needs for ball fields and support facilities such as parking circulation. In the end the master development plan should determine the capacity of the site for ballfields, parking, and circulation and recommendations should be made for improving the park for sports leagues, and park use during the non-organized hours.
Planning Timeline and Documents
- Board of Supervisors Selected Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. (JMT) to perform the master plan.
- Steering Committee was formed to include:
- Lisa Huchler, Disability Advisory Board
- Rob LaBar, Park and Recreation Advisory Board
- Matt Farrell, Environmental Advisory Board
- Bill Gaboda, Resident
- Laurie Grey, Resident
- George Schlieben, Yardley Makefield Soccer
- Gordon Workman, Lower Makefield Football Association
- Stephen Edwards, Resident
- Matt Curtin, Pennsbury Athletic Association
- JMT performed site assessments Wednesday October 12, 2022 at night and Saturday October 15, 2022 in the morning into the afternoon.
- November 14, 2022 the Steering Committee met at the Community Center
- November 29th: Questionnaire was sent to the steering committee for response.
- January 9, 2023 the Steering Committee met at the Community Center
- January 20 2023 a questionnaire was sent to Township related users groups who have not been allotted space at Macclesfield Park or any park within the Township This includes rugby, lacrosse, cheer, sand volleyball, ultimate frisbee and cricket.
- February 16, 2023 Focus Group Meeting Minutes
- April 19, 2023 – Neighborhood Focus Group Meeting Minutes
- June 23, 2023 the Steering Committee met at the Community Center
- June 28, 2023 - Slide Presentation
- August 11, 2023 Focus Group Meeting Minutes
The Pool at LMT
Information about the Pool to be added.
Schuyler Tennis Courts
Construction at the Schuyler Tennis Courts is complete. Improvements include an updated surface, improved drainage, new fencing, paving, and ADA accessible parking and access.